Sunday 12 February 2017

Code and Music

Do you listen to music when you code?

I do.

For me, there is no better experience of falling into a code-hole while being wisked away by a backing track of your liking.

I find the two compliment each other.

If you have a sufficiently meaty problem and an inkling of how you're going to solve it, music can sweep away time.

You tumble down that code-hole and before you know it, you look up and a couple of hours have passed.

Something happens in our brains, where your logic and reasoning about a problem develops to the point where you get a nice flow going. It's hard to explain but it happens.

I am in no way precious about what type of music I listen to. In fact I listen to a lot of different genres but I find nothing compliments coding better than a DJ set.

I love music (who doesn't). I collect music. I grew up being fed and watered on all types of dance music genres and back in the day, listening to the BBC Essential Mix was a staple! - In today's landscape music has never been more accessible with podcasts, youtube, soundcloud, mixcloud etc. There is so much fuel out there to use to code to.

My takeaway? Let the music play, and don't forget to turn it up to 11.


Contact Me:  ocean.airdrop@gmail.com

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages